Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas Vacation Comes to an End

Well, the kids are back to school today after 12 days off-- this vacation seemed to go by really fast- and neither are really ready to go back lol!

I wasn't going to let Meg drive to school today- but there were no delays anywhere and the road seemed to be fairly cleaned off-- so hopefully she makes it ok- it's only 5 miles away and she only needs to take one other road besides ours to get there - so not to big of a deal.

Christmas was good-- kids both got a lot of iems they wanted- but it's just not 'fun' anymore- not like it was when they were little anyways- it was always so much fun to have the anticipation of Santa- the baking of cookies- stringing popcorn for the tree-- yes-- we used to do all these things- but now with two teens in the house- they could care less if we even put up decorations!

I wasn't feeling well on Christmas day- and it's the first Christmas I have not had dinner with my parents in all of my 38 years- even though I live just across  the driveway from them- I didn't go over this year and it's sorta bumming me out looking back on it- but at the time- I just didn't feel like moving or smelling food. The kids did go over though of course and had a terrific time as always - it's a tradition to always open presents here at home- then go to my parents and then their for Christmas dinner. Christmas dinner at my parents is the one tradition the kids look most forward to even though they could eat there everyday if they like lol.

Here are a few photos to share- hopefully I'll be updating the blog more often - although I'm starting back to college later this month and I have no idea how that's going to go- I haven't been in school in 20 years!





Notice how much shorter Megan is than Alex - and she's 2 1/2 years older- I hate to tell her, but I don't think she's going to get much taller-- and yet, Alex keeps growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment