Friday, May 29, 2009

Homemade Popcorn Chicken Bowl



One of my favorite things to get to go and eat in the car from KFC is their popcorn chicken bowl - since we live about 45 minutes from the closest KFC I decided to make my own homemade version and it came out pretty tasty!

Now, you have to remember-- I'm all about fast and easy cooking lol - I would love to be a REAL foodie person- but I'm just a wanna be who still has to eat lol

All I did was make a single serving of Idaho instant potatoes, enough gravy for the bowl - I used McCormick Poultry Gravy - I love how easy it is to make- just boil a bit of water, add the mix and whisk- so easy, never clumpy and always delicious! Then for the chicken part, I just used Banquet popcorn chicken - mixed all this together, topped with Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese and then I popped it in the microwave for about 30 seconds to melt the cheese-- terrific!!

Now, you could add corn to the bowl or anything else, but I'm not a veggie lover so it was perfect just as I did above for me- anyways- another simple, easy put together meal that even the pickiest of eaters should like!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Nothing wrong with this at ALL. As a matter of fact, I have done this same thing. The popcorn chicken bowl is Grumpy's favorite meal from KFC too!

    ReplyDelete