Saturday, May 9, 2009

On-Cor BBQ Boneless Shaped Pork Patties



Lunch today-- was another experiment with a frozen food entree-- this time it was
On-Cor BBQ Rib Pork Patties - the claim to be the #1 Rib Sandwich for six years at Taste of Chicago. Rib-shaped pork patties char-broiled with a hickory smoked taste and then lightly marinated in a special barbecue sauce.

The smell of these cooking almost made my son sick - hehe- he came out of his room and is like what is that!!! ICCKK! - even with his stuffy nose/sinus infection he could still smell it and didn't like it - wouldn't even try it- my daughter took one look and opted for a grilled cheese sandwich LOL - I did give it a try- and although I wouldn't say it's a favorite or even something I'd probably buy again anytime soon- it wasn't THAT bad- it did have a LOT of excess BBQ sauce in it- I think to cover up the fact the patties were really so small- a lot of calories in one pattie compared to something like the Boston Market meal I had the other night - I took a piece of dry toast and placed two little ribs on that along with a little sauce and I did finish eating it- and did save the left over - I'll eat it for dinner tonight prolly just cause I don't like to be to wasteful- but again, not something I really see me buying again anytime soon.

I've decided I'm going to be the critiquer of frozen food and just live in the land of wanting to be a real foodie person LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment