Friday, May 8, 2009

Boston Market Frozen Dinner




During the winter, I seem to cook more 'family' meals- the kids are normally hungry when they get home from school and want something hot, etc. - so it makes it much easier to have a family meal - from now until about September though, we all seem to just eat 'whenever we want' - making it really hard to cook to many bigger meals.

So, with this in mind - the last time I went to the Super Walmart, I picked up several Frozen dinners for myself- and for the kids to try as well (hubby will not eat them) - tonight, Megan wanted a fruit salad - so she fixed herself cut up strawberries, watermelon and a banana - that made her happy for her dinner - Alex has a sinus infection and didn't want to eat anything because his throat hurts, but also because he is going to an end of the year Dart Baseball Banquet here in a bit - hubby is out mowing the grass- making it the perfect time to try one of the frozen dinners.

I picked a Boston Market honey chicken with au gratin potatoes - and to my surprise - it was REALLY good - I will buy a few more of these the next time I go to the store to have on hand for occasions like this. There was enough in the package to fill me up - although I did have a slice of buttered bread with it also - and the taste was wonderful - If I hadn't of cooked it myself and it was served on a plate, I would have thought it was homemade.

2 comments:

  1. Just looking at the photo you would NEVER guess that was a frozen dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - it's a photo I 'borrowed' from their website- but, it really was pretty good tasting- I was surprised!

    ReplyDelete