Sunday, May 3, 2009

Turkey Funny

My son is gone to camp this weekend with his friend and his friend's father - while there, they are going to be turkey hunting - well, it reminded me of something REALLY funny that happened a few weeks ago.

My son was out shopping with me and one of the items he bought was a turkey call - he gets in the car and opened it up while we were waiting for my husband to come out of the store - all the sudden I hear really loud the WORDS (sounded like from a megaphone) - "who, who - who's gonna cook you" - I turned around and Alex is staring at the turkey call like what?? - so, he did it again, and again, the same thing- "who, who - who's gonna cook you" - I said ALEX-- what are you doing??!! He said, I DON'T KNOW- it's what it tells me to do - I said WHAT? He said yes it says say these words into the turkey call - who, who who's gonna cook you - I said, Alex, you can't go into the woods calling that out - not only would people laugh at you, but you'd scare everything away - by this time, I was laughing SO incredibly hard - I told him to hand me the package - and I read it and it did say to say those words -- BUT the point he was missing, was that he was to just use his breath so to speak to kinda sound out those words to make the turkey call work - at first he just couldn't stop SAYING the words out loud and I just kept laughing and then he was laughing so hard as well - he just gave up - the next day he came out of his bedroom able to do the turkey call- so hopefully, he remembered not to say the words this weekend- I can just see John rolling in laughter if Alex starts hooting out - who, who - who's gonna cook you in them middle of the woods! LOL

2 comments:

  1. LOL. I GOTTA tell Grumpy this one! He was out turkey hunting this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. That is so funny! Thanks so much for stopping in at Babasfarmlife and reading and commenting on The Stone House. So glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete