Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Blooming Iris'



We have been having some really cold weather for the end of May/beginning of June- or at least it seems unusually cool- at night it's been going down into the 30's still and sometimes not much warmer during the day - on top of the coldness- we've been getting a LOT of rain- it's crazy- on Sunday we had wind, rain, HAIL - AND sun!



In the midst of all of this, somehow my Iris' have managed to stay alive and continue to grow and are beginning to open up - I have three clumps planted along the front of my deck- one on each end and one in the center - I really do think they are a pretty flower and the hummingbirds seem to like them as well- I only wish that they had a longer life when in bloom.

I just looked at the weather forecast for the rest of the week and it looks like we are in for some sunshine finally and 70's - I'm looking forward to getting outside and using my grill and deck furniture!

1 comment:

  1. Those iris are beautiful! Thanks for stopping in at Babasfarmlife and commenting! I would just be happy to get one room done right now, preferably the bathroom. LOL

    ReplyDelete