Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Are improvements always for the best?

I used to love Banquet Pot Pies since I was a kid- I always picked out the veggies, but none the less, loved them- this continued into my adulthood- UNTIL they decided to make them microwaveable a few years ago- since then, I've never ever been able to get one to cook correctly in the oven NOR in the microwave- I finally gave up - and really miss them-- this is just one example - but, this leaves me to my pet peeve of today -

My son loves gum- he doesn't like the big chunky gums- but does like Wrigley's doublemeint and Juicy Fruit to name a few - I have always loved the fact that they come in a 10 pack for less than $2 for the pack- he grabs a pack in the morning before school - and sometimes comes home with a partial pack of 5 sticks and sometimes doesn't- I don't mind him sharing a piece or two either with friends- after all, it's gum and not something that's going to break the bank- UNTIL NOW - tonight when I went to pick up a few things- he asked me to grab him some gum as he was out- well I'll be- they have changed the packages to now include 3 packs of gum that contain 15 sticks each - called the "slim Pack" and of course none of the 'old' packs of 10 available at all- WHY? WHY must companies do this- new and improved is not always the best- we as moms for one, would never ever give a kid 15 sticks of gum at once - regardless of the age- no longer does it fit into a pair of jean pockets nicely- but it's bulky - who decided this was now the convenient way we should buy gum after 50 or so years of it being the same way?? I really wish companies would think sometimes before changing their products to new and improved- because like the pot pies- it's not always as grand as they think!

No comments:

Post a Comment