Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Simple Cheddar Cheese Biscuits



So last night I had a craving for Cheddar Cheese Biscuits- I've been wanting to make them for a while, and just hadn't done it- so last night on a whim I decided to make up a batch- the recipe is from allrecipes.com and is so simple and fast and they did come out yummy if I do say so myself- my 16 year old daughter even liked them so they couldn't be to bad! lol

I was thinking afterwards, they would be really yummy with chopped bits of ham or pepperoni mixed into them as well.


Ingredients:

  • 2 cups bisquick baking mix
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder


    Directions:

  • Heat oven to 450 - ( I only put mine on 375, but that could be my oven??)
  • Mix baking mix, milk, & cheese until a soft dough forms; beat vigorously for 30 seconds.
  • Drop dough by spoonfuls onto an ungreased cooking sheet.
  • Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until golden brown.
  • Mix butter & garlic powder.
  • Brush garlic mixture over warm biscuits before removing from cookie sheet.

    Serve warm. Makes 12.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment