Tuesday, March 10, 2009

How do you forget a Candy Bar?!?!

Last night, I had to take my mom up to the Emergency Room- thankfully she was released with some medication and all will be well- but it led me to stopping at our local Walgreen's to get a couple of prescriptions filled - while there in line for the checkout, I noticed a candy bar by Hershey's called a Thingamajig - the packaging caught my eye - and it said it was made with chocolate, cocoa crisp and peanut butter-- yum - o - so I grabbed a couple of them - once home and settled in I grabbed one to try it - after the hour I'd just had waiting for medicine in Walgreen's ( that's another post) - I needed a thingamajig!! lol - Well, as soon as I took my first bite- I was reminded of a candy bar called a whatchamacallit - this was by FAR my most favorite candy bar as a teen - I had no idea if they still made it even until I did a little google search this morning and found where you could buy it online, so I'm going to assume you can purchase it locally in stores as well-- what I can't believe is that I had forgotten all about my favorite candy bar- when did I stop eating it even?? lol - I have NO idea-- but I really like the thingamajig- maybe more than I recall liking the whatchamacallit - lol

It's funny how something can be an obsession though like the whatchamacallit was when I was a teen and yet, we completely forget about it until something triggers the memory for us!

2 comments:

  1. LOL. Hey! I saw both those candy bar's at Walgreen's in Potsdam! My favorite still is the Twix bar though. The caramel twix.

    My best friend and I used to buy peanut butter cups and set them on the heater to soften them up a little. YUMM. I still love PB cups too. And cheesy Jax. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh-- Twix are yummy too- my 16 year old daughter loves them!

    ReplyDelete