Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Megan passed her road test!!

Finally! My 16 year old Megan (17 on the 30th of the month) passed her road test- I have to admit - this was her FOURTH time taking the driving portion of the test - the first three times, she just could not pass it (of course if she kept quiet and didn't argue with the test instructor, it might have helped at least on one occasion lol) - but she is a really good, careful driver, so I could not understand why she wasn't passing - after the third test, and winter approaching, we decided to wait a few months before trying again- so she went yesterday and did great on it and now is so happy about it!

Megan really didn't want to go and take it again- I think the feeling of failing again was not settling well with her- this is a girl who is high honors at school - ranked 7th in her class and never has to crack open a book for anything (of course if she did, she'd probably be #1 in her class!) - so when she kept failing the test, she was getting quite frustrated - of course so was I considering teens we know who have their license have already gotten tickets, yet still retain their license and yet, here is a girl who normally drives 45ish lol and can't even pass the test!

I was happy that it's only going to cost about $25 a month to add her to my insurance policy - that is until we get her a car, then I don't know how much it will be- but, I can also get a transcript of her grades and get some type of discount via Geico as well, so that is nice!

Today it is suppose to be near 60 degrees out and sunny - the birds are chirping and I can feel Spring in the air - ( if that is possible )

Happy St. Patty Day!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Megan!

    About the rangoon....you can make them with just a cream cheese filling (leaving out the crab) and you could add jalapeno peppers diced fine if you like those!

    ReplyDelete