Wednesday, January 21, 2009

President Obama

Well, it's finally happened-- we have a new president and the country as a whole I think is ready to jump in and do their part for change.

I was so looking forward to watching the ceremonies on TV - however, we lost our power at 7:15 AM and did not get it back on until 5:00 PM last night - now, 364 days out of the year, I would not have the TV on during the day- I'm not a big fan of it to begin with, but during the day I just don't watch it- however, on the one day I really was looking forward to sitting in my cozy chair with a cup of hot cocoa and taking in everything - we loose power-- what luck is THAT! Now, I could have gotten the generator out and started it up, etc. but hubby had to be gone, so I don't like having it going when he isn't around just in case something was to happen with it.

Anyways, when the power did come on I of course jumped for the remote and was able to catch some of the parade as well as recaps of the days events and the balls later on in the evening. I was disapointed not to see everything live-- watching it all in recaps was not as exciting and I knew it wouldn't be! However, what matters most is that he's in office and hopefully America will get back on track some - we can't get much worse off can we?!!??

On a non political note- It's going to be interesting to see how much press coverage Michelle Obama and the girls get - this is going to be interesting I think to watch that aspect of it- I think the press are going to be hounding these people for photos, interviews, etc. - it's exciting to have such 'people persons' in the White House - but I also hope they are given respect and privacy along the journey they are embarking on as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment