Monday, January 19, 2009

Amazing what a little paint can do

My daughter Megan who is 16 has entirely to many clothes-- now, I really can't gripe about that to much because after all - I am the one who purchases them for her ( or gives her the money to do so ) -- but, she kept griping she didn't have enough room and needed another dresser - well, we live in a very rural area and there isn't much of a selection of anything here - and with the weather the way it's been, I haven't wanted to venture out to many places on the search for a new dresser - so, about a week ago, I suggested she use an old dresser of mine that was empty and just in our storage room - and old it is-- it's a dresser my parents had ever since I was a child and one that I used at one point growing up - so how old it actually is, I'm not sure- but I'd say at least 40 years old ( I'm 37 ) - but it's still in really good shape ( to bad they don't make things that last that long now a days) -- anyways, she was opposed to it at first and then got to thinking well, she could paint it to match her room - and that was a new adventure for her - so off we went to buy a little bit of paint yesterday and she's been in her glory painting since - white base, with pink and blue trim because her room has pink/blue flower designs on the wall-- I must admit she is doing a great job with it and it looks nice- so, as I've said in the past- it's amazing what a little paint can do to revive something old and not looking to inviting!

No comments:

Post a Comment