Friday, February 5, 2010

Sunny Day Update

This morning I awoke to a bright beautiful sunny day- I do wish it was a little warmer than the 17 degrees- but I'll take the sun for sure! Sitting here at my table with the sun coming in thru my big window is wonderful.

Both kids are home from school today- They had a play at school all morning that neither really wanted to see -Megan has a doctor's appointment later on - and I'm waiting to hear back from Alex's doctor to see if I can get him back in there or to refer me to another doctor.

Alex has always drank a lot of liquids his entire life- I think it was a habit formed very young for the most part- as when he was little, he couldn't eat much because of the size of his tonsils- he eventually had those and his adnoids removed- however, he drank a lot of liquids- I think it became a habit he has just continued over his life- another thing he does is as soon as his head hits the pillow, he falls asleep- within seconds- put him in a car, and he falls asleep most of the time on trips that are more than a few minutes long. Now though on top of the normal sleep he's always done, he is falling asleep while watching TV, after eating, at school, etc. - I did take him to the doctor a few weeks ago and had his glucose tested and it came back negative- and I've had it tested in the past and it's always negative- but something is wrong- he shouldn't be sleeping as much as he is- so, I'm going to press the issue a little more and see what we come up with- I hope there isn't anything wrong with him, but certainly don't want to miss it if there is.

College is going GREAT so far- I'm loving my classes and feel I could have signed up for a couple of more, but I didn't want to many to begin with. I'm taking 4 classes/12 credits which makes me a full time student and that's what I wanted. The average load seems to be 16-18 credits a semester though- but, I'm in no big hurry- it will probably take me 2 1/2 years to complete an associates degree- but that's ok. I am currently taking Freshman English, Interpersonal Communications, Business Organization, and Business Math. My major was going to be ecommerce, but it seems to focus on a lot of the coding of websites in depth a lot more than I want to get- so I think I will be changing it to Business instead. I guess I will be one of those statstistics of people who change their major once in college! I'm managing to hold an A average in all of the classes- out of all of them, I've only gotten one thing that was less than perfect- I know it's only a few weeks into the courses and things will get harder- but, I'm still happy with myself. Especially since I hated high school!

I guess that is the latest updates with me- now I need to get the laundry started, dishes done and check in with my classes- have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment