Sunday, September 6, 2009

Suddenly BIG things in life, aren't so big anymore



A couple of years ago, I 'met' online a lady named Kelly and while I've not been particularly close to her, we keep in touch- this was especially so a little over a year ago, when she had a beautiful baby girl born much to early in the pregnancy and the baby spent several months in the hospital- I was amazed- she had a 1 year old little Boy at home and was also dealing with this very premature infant- her positive attitude and outpouring love and support from her family and friends was terrific- anyways, since that time, I've enjoyed watching baby Sarah growing- and until about three weeks ago, her big brother Ethan was wonderful too- then he started to not feel so well, and after tests, they found out he has stage 4 cancer with a tumor next to his kidney- I am in shock - this little beautiful boy who was just enjoying digging worms in the mud, playing with his sister and little friends- is now fighting for his life in a blink of an eye and this family is torn apart.

I truly can't begin to imagine the heartbreak and pain this family is going thru.

I feel so badly, and wish it wasn't happening to them.

It's made me stop and think-- really- do these clothes need to be put away right now- does it matter if my kids have clothes on the floor of their room - does it matter if my floor isn't mopped yet? I know we can't stop living life - and these are ideally a part of life and growing- but I know it's making me stop and think- ok- I'd rather watch that movie with the kids- these things can wait- no one knows how much time they are given, or what obstacles are around the corner- don't wait until you are faced with a challenge like Kelly and her family before you realize what important things in life you are missing out on.

My heart is saddened that Ethan is going thru all of this. Please keep him in your thoughts.

1 comment: