Sunday, August 16, 2009

One project turns into three-- or four-- or five :O)

As some of you know, we built our house with the help of my father and have been living in it for about 3 1/2 years now- when we moved in, it was not completely finished- we still had some painting to do and a few walls to finish off, etc.- well, let me tell you- time STOPPED on the house the day we moved into it- the motivation to get hubby to do anything steadily declined- and needless to say, not much has gotten done on the house- although I've changed the color of the living room three times since we've moved in and hubby has painted it each and every time- it has been like pulling nails to get the hallway painted-- and he doesn't allow me to paint (usually) lol- so I've looked at grey wallboard forever now- BUT- it's finally painted-- yayyyyyyy- so happy about that!

In the mean time- it got me to thinking well, hey- if we've painted- we can put up the trim work around the door- we opted to purchase 1x6's and make the frames that way- staying with the country/prim style that I like- I decided to go with a True Walnut color for the painting of them- because I have a dark sage type of green on the walls- will look perfect together- this lead me to thinking- well the kitchen cupboards really look shabby lol- we stained them a light almost natural color a few years ago ( we purchased unfinished cupboards when we built the house) but I've never like it- and now, it didn't even look like they had been stained- dull and drabby-- so I thought hmmm-- this walnut color might look good on them although I SWORE I'd never paint them LOL - well, the bottom set is now done and although it's going to take some getting used to- I do like it- not in love with it yet- but I do like it- lol- ohh-- and BTW-- we also painted the doors to the bedrooms and bathroom- and I purchased stain for the deck- and how did all of this get started you ask? Because my daughter wants to have a Bon Fire with her friends Tuesday night- so hubby decided he better get some things done LOL - If I'd have known that's all it took- I'd have had her done it three years ago!!! LOL

Will post pics soon-- gotta go put all the knobs back on the cupboards and drawers now!

No comments:

Post a Comment