Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Random thoughts and happenings

It's been a while again since I've posted anything here- during the day, I can never seem to think of anything to post- then at night while laying in bed trying to fall asleep, I think of lots of things, but always forget by the morning! I think I need a notepad to write things down on! Anyway- I thought I'd just do a random post of things that have been happening here as well as random thoughts on things-

Finally got the house sided completely- I had to hire someone else to do it that cost me $650 - I'm still frustrated about the whole ordeal- but got tired of waiting over 3 years for what took the new people less than 8 hours to complete- which honestly made me even more upset that it took such little time, yet the original person hired to do the job couldn't take time and come back to finish it. My mother gets upset with me that I don't just forget about it - and I've really tried, but it's a matter of principle- not to mention the fact if it wasn't family I paid to do the job, it never would have dragged on this long. Most people would have taken the issue to court to get the money back, and had it not been family I might have, but as annoyed as I am, I'd never go down that route with family.

It's getting closer and closer to Meg's graduation- only 10 more days- I can't wait for her to be done with high school, but I think it's going to be a LONG summer for her. She is really anxious to get to SLU and is already bored with nothing to do. I've been encouraging her to get a job- not for the money of it really, but for something to do and it will do her good to get out of the house and around people. I think she's going to have a big awakening when she goes to college with all the different people around her!

Alex has just two more regents to take this week and he will be done with everything for the school year- still on pins and needles to see which classes he will end up passing. I know these two regents he must pass in order to get credit for the course- so I'm crossing fingers that he does. He thinks he did really well on his social and English finals and he probably did- but I'm not sure it will be enough to carry him into a passing overall average. I think- I hope he's finally learned his lesson though that he can't expect to breeze through the classes anymore without doing homework. I'm hoping for a better school year in the fall, but I don't know... time will tell. It's frustrating because he's so smart- but just doesn't want to apply himself. He dislikes school SO much.

My niece Katie came for a visit for a few days- it was great to see her- she's now back in Texas living with her mom again - I hope that it goes well- I hope she doesn't fall back into the same pattern as she was in a year ago. She has goals to get a job and go to college- so I hope she goes through with it and keeps that attitude up.

I've been really extremely bored without my college classes- I ended the semester on the Dean's list, which was pretty nice- that 4.0 really boosted my confidence - and made me think- wow, if only I'd cared back 20 years ago, how things might be different today- but we can't live in the what ifs and in reality- I wouldn't change anything, because I love my kids immensely and wouldn't ever want life without them.

Although I'm bored- I can't seem to motivate myself to do anything- I should be working on my websites, I should be adding photos to my dad's website, I should be going researching with him, I should be doing lots of things- or could be doing lots of things- put it that way- but I just have no motivation. The last few weeks with Alex and school have been emotionally draining though, and I think it's just all catching up with me- where I just don't want to do anything.

Well, that's some of what's been going on here- it will be another day of doing laundry, dishes, floors, etc. - nothing to exciting- but I'm glad to see that the sun is out today even if it is only 57 degrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment